Soar to new heights as you take in spectacular 360-degree panoramic views from the revolving Rotair aerial cable car. Mount Titlis, located in Central Switzerland, is a glacier paradise at over 3,000 metres high. Enjoy skiing or snowboarding on the slopes, many of which are open year-round. Adventure-seekers will love taking a walk across the Titlis Cliff Walk, an amazing suspension bridge standing over 500 metres off the ground. Up for even more adventure? Try kayaking on the pristine mountain lake, Trubsee or stop by for a visit to the Glacier Cave, an unbelievable roundtrip journey below the earth’s surface. With all that Mount Titlis has to offer, you’ll bring home fond memories that will last a lifetime.
Experience the beauty of Titlis on the world’s first revolving cable car
- Round trip travel from Engelberg to Mount Titlis by 2 cable cars
- Take a walk on the highest suspension bridge in Europe
- Issued as an exchange voucher
- The only accessible glacier all year round in central Switzerland
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel Pass
- Entrance into the Glacier Cave, a roundtrip excursion below the earth’s surface
- A ride on the Ice Flyer, a chairlift that spans the glacier crevasses of Mount Titlis
- Enjoy snow tubing and sledding down a 150-meter snowy field At the Titlis Glacier Park
- Round-trip cable-car travel provided from Engelberg to Mount Titlis.
- Includes access to the Titlis Cliff Walk, the highest suspension bridge in Europe.
- Includes a ride on the Ice Flyer, a chairlift that spans the glacier crevasses of Mount Titlis.
- Entrance provided into the Glacier Grotto, a roundtrip excursion below the earth’s surface.
- More attractions are available at an additional charge.
- Discounted fares are only valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Passes that include Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Exchange voucher for actual ticket within 6 months of date of issue with cashier at the valley cable car station in Engelberg.
- Train tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- The cable-cars between Engelberg and Mt. Titlis will not operate from Nov 6-17, 2017 due to annual maintenance work.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. How can I book an itinerary with multiple cities?
A. Our website makes booking multi-city journeys very easy!
Simply enter the cities you plan to depart from, arrive to, and your travel dates. Our system will then search the database to provide the best matching schedules.
Q. If I arrive at the station early, will I be able to board my train?
A. You may be able to board the train early, but it depends on a few things…
First, early boarding may possible if you are boarding the train in the city from which it originates. If you are boarding a train on one of the stops along its routes, then the train won’t be in the station until a few minutes before the time indicated on your ticket.
Even if you are boarding in the very first city from which your train departs, the platform may only be indicated 15 minutes or so before departure. Though early, you may find yourself in the train station with no information as to which platform the train is located.
In any event, we typically advise you get to the station at least 30 minutes prior to departure. This way when your train is ready to board, you can hop on and take your seat without having to rush through the station.
Q. What if I have a group of 10 or more purchasing rail passes?
A. Please contact our Groups Department who can arrange customized travel solutions perfect for your travellers.
Q. Do you offer maps of European train stations?
A. We do offer links to Google Maps for many European train stations. At this time we do not have specific layouts of any train station interiors in Europe.
Q. Should I buy my seat reservations prior to arriving in Europe, or can I just get them at the station locally?
A. We recommend that you purchase your reservations as soon as possible, once you’ve determined which train journeys you’d like to take and what dates you’ll need them.
In most cases, rail carriers set aside a limited number of seats for stand-alone reservations. Once those seats have sold out, only regular full-fare tickets can be bought for the train. Because of the limited reservation-only inventory, these seats do in fact sell out, especially during peak travel seasons such as the holidays or summer. The cost difference between a stand-alone reservation and a full-priced ticket can amount to a hundred dollars or more. There’s nothing more frustrating than being unable to use your rail pass and having to buy a full priced ticket at significant cost. Therefore, we highly encourage you to lock down your reservation and make the most of your travel budget as soon as possible.
Also keep in mind that reservations can be purchased online from Rail Europe’s website and iPhone App. Many rail carriers do not sell stand-alone reservations through their website and in most cases, you will have to go in person to the rail station to buy your reservation when in Europe.
Q. Can I add products to an earlier booking and avoid paying the shipping or booking fees?
A. Unfortunately, once a booking has been finalized it’s being processed and we’re unable to alter it.
Q. I need to cancel my trip to Europe. How do I request reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan™?
A. Although the Rail Protection Plan™ doesn’t allow you to get reimbursed in case your trip is cancelled, you may be eligible to receive an in-store credit. That in-store credit will be good for two years (from the date the credit is issued) towards your next booking, for the full value of the products covered. You can choose to receive this credit toward a future booking or to request to have your tickets refunded per the after sales policies of the products booked.
If you choose to forego the in-store credit and opt for a refund, the regular exchange and refund rules of your products will apply, and you will be subject to the regular carriers penalties, if applicable, in addition to the Rail Europe booking fee.
Q. When I compare your schedules with European railroad sites, I notice some differences. Why?
A. Although this is not typical, you may occasionally find some discrepancies between the train schedules shown on our website and the ones listed on a rail carrier’s website. This is generally due to the fact that the rail carrier has not yet made available its complete schedule range in the European train schedule database we use to populate our booking engine.
We continuously work with individual European railroads to establish partnerships that ensure our direct access to all inventories in order to provide you with the fullest range of travel options.
Q. If I register on your site, will I start receiving spam?
A. Rail Europe will never spam you! Upon registering, you will only receive booking and/or account related messages, as well as occasional promotion information email from Rail Europe. If you chose to subscribe to our newsletter, you can expect to receive this publication as well (typically twice a month). Of course, you have the option to unsubscribe to at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the newsletter.
Q. I have a question about my promo code. Who should I contact?
A. Please contact us via our Contact Us page with any questions about promo codes.