Eurail Scandinavia PassFrom $279 From $279 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 27) discounts available
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
The Scandinavia Pass is the most comprehensive pass to explore Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. Let your sense of adventure run free! From fjords and fairy tales to glazed Danishes and deep-blue harbours, Scandinavia has much to offer. Visit cities like Copenhagen and Malmo before discovering captivating landmarks in Oslo and Stockholm.
The Scandinavia Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Scandinavia Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares, discounted ferry trips and more are included in your pass.
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Scandinavia Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Scandinavia Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
Taking local and regional trains allows you to explore at will. Simply board with your rail pass and choose any open seat. Reservations are required on most high speed, overnight, scenic, and international trains. With the Eurail Scandinavia Pass you may travel on SJ high speed trains, and trains between Oslo and Bergin, Myrdal or Voss which require additional seat reservations. We recommend always checking your desired journey for any specific seat reservation requirements.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Denmark
Private Rail Roads
- 50% off on the Arriva and DSB-Øresund private railroad.
- 50% off on the Nordjyske Jernbaner (private railway) between Frederikshaven – Skagen and Hirtshals – Hjorring.
10% discount between June 20 and August17 (high season). 20% discount during low season to travel on board the ferries of Fjord Line between Hirtshals-Kristiansand, Hirtshals-Langesund (20% all year) and Hirtshals-Stavanger - Bergen.
25% reduction to visit the Danish Railway Museum, in Odense.
1st class pass holders get free access to the DSB lounges in Århus, Copenhagen and Odense.
Get a free gift in the Rock Shop for any purchase. Hard Rock Café, Vesterbrogade #3 Copenhagen.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are Berlin-Copenhagen.
Rail Pass benefits in Finland
- 20 to 40% discount on ferry crossings from Helsinki –Stockholm (via Mariehamn), Turku – Stockholm (via Mariehamn or Langnas) and Helsinki – Tallinn operated by Tallink Silja Oy company. 20% discount applies for high season and 40% discount applies for the low season discount is 40%. More information from Tallink Silja Oy. All reductions are available for Cabins that are category C-A. Port taxes are extra.
- 30% reduction is offered on the ferry crossing between Helsinki-Travemünde operated by Finnlines company. Port tax and meals are extra and are paid locally.
- Special rate on ferry crossings from Turku/Helsinki – Stockholm and Helsinki-Tallinn operated by Vikings Line company.
Free bus travel from Kemi/Tornio to Harparanda (Sweden) on buses operated by Veljekset Salmela.
- Free entry to the Narrow-gauge railway museum in Jokioinen. Open from June to mid-August.
- Free entry to the Railway museum Hyvinkää.
Rail Pass benefits in Norway
With your rail pass, you can travel on board direct trains between Oslo and Gøteborg (Sweden) and between Oslo and Stockholm (Sweden).
Private Rail Road
30% discount from Myrdal to Flam on the Flamsbana private railroad.
10% reduction from June 20 to August 17 (high season) and 20% discount during lower season on the Fjord Line.
- Hirtshals-Langesund(20% discount all year round)
- 50% discount to travel on the bus from Andalsnes to Molde (operated by Veoy Buss AS)
- 50% discount to travel on the bus from Andalsnes to Alesund (operated by Nettbus More AS)
Free entrance to Railway museum in Hamar
Rail Pass benefits in Sweden
A Eurail Pass valid in Sweden is also valid on:
- The direct SJ trains to and from Copenhagen (Denmark) - Copenhagen Airport.
- The direct border crossing train from Gøteborg/Stockholm - Oslo (Norway).
- The private railway companies Arlanda Express, Arriva, Inlandsbanan, JLT, Norrtåg, Skånetrafiken, Tågkompaniet, Värmlandstrafik, Västtrafik, and Öresund.
- Free access to the SJ lounges located in Stockholm and Göteborg for 1st class passholders.
- 20% to 40% discount on ferry crossings from Helsinki –Stockholm (via Mariehamn), Turku – Stockholm (via Mariehamn/Langnas), Riga (Latvia)-Stockholm and Stockholm – Tallinn operated by Tallink Silja Oy Discounts are available on cabin category C-A. Port taxes paid locally and are extra. Finland +358(0)600 174 552; Sweden +46(0)822 2140
- 20% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Malmö-Travemünde operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Special fare from Nynäshamn-Visby and Oskarshamn-Visby operated by Destination Gotland.
- Special fare on ferry crossings from Turku/Helsinksi – Stockholm operated by Vikings Line.
- Free bus transportation from Kemi/Tornio – Haparanda (Sweden) operated by Veljekset Salmela.
- Free bus transportation from Haparanda – Luleå in Länstrafiken in Norrboten on county busses.
- 50% discount to Sveriges Järnvägsmuseum (Railway Museum) in Gävle and Ängelholm.
- 30% discount at Smalsparet Railway Museum only during the summer (July-August).
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains or public transport services as you wish.
- A. A Swiss pass is valid on trains operated by SBB (Schweizerische BundesBahn), the national railway company of Switzerland. For domestic trains in Switzerland operated, seat reservations are not required. Exceptions are the special scenic trains such as Bernina Express, Glacier Express, Golden Pass and Wilhelm Tell Express. For these trains, a supplement and/or seat reservation is required for Swiss Pass holders. There are also some international trains from Switzerland that require a reservation fee. Examples are the ICE International to Germany, the TGV Lyria to France and the Railjet to Budapest.
- A. No. A ticket allows you to board the train, but does not guarantee you a seat. You must make a seat reservation to have a guaranteed seat on the train. NOTE: On certain trains tickets and reservations are sold together as one ticket.
- A. A passenger qualifies for Senior Fares at age 60 and over.
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times as you like before Midnight on a travel day.
- A. You can print your tickets from the convenience of your home or you can retrieve them from self-service machines in London St Pancras, Brussels Midi or Paris Nord station before boarding your Eurostar train.
- A. Special amenities for disabled travelers are offered on trains and at many train stations, and are clearly indicated with pictograms (for telephones, toilets, elevators, etc.). Special equipment is also available for use by handicapped passengers. This equipment must be reserved locally in advance. Be sure to specify if you need personal assistance (whether with a wheelchair, boarding, etc.).
- A. First class on the Talgo Day offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Talgo Day offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Sorry, partially used passes are not refundable.
- A. Your payment details will be encoded and sent using a secure connection. You can check the security details by clicking with your right mouse button on the payment page and then selecting ‘Properties’. A window will pop up containing all connection data. The ‘Connection’ field shows that an SSL connection is used. Your credit card information, including the number and expiration date, will not be stored.
answered | Posted by Vic l. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/07/2016
answered | Posted by Shubhodeep C. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/06/2016
answered | Posted by Liew H. | Comments 8 | Created: 06/06/2016
answered | Posted by Asha k. | Comments 0 | Created: 23/04/2016
answered | Posted by Nur H. | Comments 0 | Created: 08/03/2016