Eurail Ireland PassFrom $199 From $199 Eurail
Enjoy 20% off your Eurail Pass
Book before 28/12/2016 and save 20% on your Eurail Pass!
- Unlimited travel in Ireland.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
The Eurail Ireland Pass is the most comprehensive way to explore Ireland. Beyond its wild coastline, lively cities, and jaw dropping landscapes, you will find passionate people. Visit cities like Belfast and Dublin to discover a cosmopolitan and modern society.
The Eurail Ireland Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Ireland Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Ireland Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Ireland Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
You must start using your rail pass within 11 months of the date of purchase.
To start using your rail pass, go to a European railway station where a railway official will fill-in your passport number and stamp your rail pass. On each travel day, please remember to write down the date on your rail pass.
You should record your trip in the Travel Report on the rail pass cover.
Passengers travelling without having written down the above information risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight.You can take as many trains as you want during a travel day.
The 7 pm rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day if the following conditions are met:
- Your pass should be activated.
- You must travel on board a night train departing after 7 pm and this should be your first trip of the day.
- You must reach your destination after 4 am on the next day.
- Your arrival date should be within the validity of the pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Irish Ferries - 30% discount
Holyhead - Dublin Ferryport
Pembroke - Rosslare
Cherbourg - Rosslare; from February to December *
Roscoff - Rosslare; from May to September * * No daily sailings, advance reservation compulsory
Stena Line - 30% discount
Holyhead-Dun Loghaire: HSS (High Speed Service)
Dublin-Holyhead Superferry (Day Service)
Rail Pass benefits in Ireland
- 30% discount for the ferry crossings (standard fare) from Rosslare to Cherbourg (France) (February to December) and Rosslare to Roscoff (France) (May to September) operated by Irish Ferries. We recommend advance booking. No daily sailings.
- 30% discount on the crossings Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead (UK), Cairnryan - Belfast, Dublin Port-Holyhead, Liverpool - Belfast and Rosslare - Fishguard (UK) operated by Stena Line (standard fares).
- 30% discount on the crossings Dublin - Holyhead (UK) and Rosslare - Pembroke (UK) operated by Irish Ferries (standard fares).
- Free travel on the national railway of Northern Ireland operated by Translink NI Railways.
- Up to €30 discount for Railtours Ireland, an guided tour of Ireland
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
- A. Frecciarossa trains offer a full sit-down restaurant service, with a regularly changing menu of traditional Italian dishes. The restaurant is very modern and elegant. Alternatively, Frecciarossa trains also feature a coffee bar service offering fresh sandwiches, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- A. A passenger qualifies for Senior Fares at age 60 and over.
- A. To obtain a refund, please return your unused, unvalidated tickets/pass to your travel agent, or send to your local Raileurope Office. Click here to get the information in our contact us section. Most tickets are required to be returned at least 3 days prior to the departure date, or to be stamped "Unused" at a rail station in Europe to be eligible for a refund. Please add a short note including the original booking number of the order. It is suggested that you send these documents by some type of traceable mail for proof of delivery, should they get lost in the mail.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
- A. A youth pass is valid for any traveler who is 25 years of age and younger.
- A. A saver pass is a discount rate for a group of 2-5 passengers traveling together at all times. All names will be printed on a single pass, therefore passengers will not be able to travel independently.
- A. To validate your German Rail Pass Extension, it needs to be accompanied by a German Rail Pass and your passport. Please note that the use of the extension requires a travel day of the German Rail Pass for each trip used.
- A. Rail passes for children are generally half the adult fare. Some passes do not offer a child pass. Child tickets are offered on most trains and vary by train type. They are generally about half of an adult ticket. The Swiss Pass allows children under 16 to travel free when they are traveling with a parent who is holding a Swiss Pass. On BritRail passes, children 5 through 15 are free with each paying adult.
- A. Italo trains offer high speed train services connecting the major cities of Italy such as Milano, Bologna, Firenze, Roma, Napoli, Salerno, Venezia, Torino and Padova. There are several daily connections between the main cities which are served by Italo. There are several daily connections between Milan and Roma and the number of connections will increase in the following years.
answered | Posted by Sarah M. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/12/2015
answered | Posted by Shani E. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/11/2015
answered | Posted by Shelly L. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/10/2015
answered | Posted by Jen Y. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/08/2015
answered | Posted by Mandy K. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/08/2015