Eurail Ireland Pass From $230 From $230 Eurail
Exclusive offers for Rail Europe 20th anniversary
1 free day on all Regional and One Country Passes
- Unlimited travel in Ireland.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2014
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
The Eurail Ireland Pass is the most comprehensive way to explore Ireland. Beyond its wild coastline, lively cities, and jaw dropping landscapes, you will find passionate people. Visit cities like Belfast and Dublin to discover a cosmopolitan and modern society.
The Eurail Ireland Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Ireland Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Ireland Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any persons living in a non-European country can use the Ireland Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
Book a seat reservation with Rail Europe.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
You must start using your rail pass within 6 months of the date of purchase.
To start using your rail pass, go to a European railway station where a railway official will fill-in your passport number and stamp your rail pass. On each travel day, please remember to write down the date on your rail pass.
You should record your trip in the Travel Report on the rail pass cover.
Passengers travelling without having written down the above information risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight.You can take as many trains as you want during a travel day.
The 7 pm rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day if the following conditions are met:
- Your pass should be activated.
- You must travel on board a night train departing after 7 pm and this should be your first trip of the day.
- You must reach your destination after 4 am on the next day.
- Your arrival date should be within the validity of the pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Enjoy your trip with the discounts and bonuses that come with your rail pass.
From hotel discounts to reduced museum fares and free ferry trips, your rail pass saves you money.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Irish Ferries - 30% discount
Holyhead - Dublin Ferryport
Pembroke - Rosslare
Cherbourg - Rosslare; from February to December *
Roscoff - Rosslare; from May to September * * No daily sailings, advance reservation compulsory
Stena Line - 30% discount
Holyhead-Dun Loghaire: HSS (High Speed Service)
Dublin-Holyhead Superferry (Day Service)
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Eurostar Business Premier passengers will be offered a 3-course meal with refreshments at seat meanwhile in Standard Premier, you will get a light and cold meal with refreshments at seat. A bar buffet car with a selection of food and beverages for purchase is also available on Standard class.
- A. The minimum check-in time for passengers with Business First tickets is 20 minutes. For passengers boarding ski trains, and passengers holding regular tickets, check-in time is 30 minutes.
- A. A pass holder is a reduced fare that can be purchased in place of a ticket. It requires the use of 1 day on a rail pass and is generally required for high-speed trains.
- A. You can buy all your AVE tickets trains quickly and easily online, with no booking fee, and print them in the convenience of your home.
Q. If I'm traveling through a country not included on Eurail Select Pass, can I add that country to the pass?A. Passes are only valid for travel in the countries covered by that particular pass. If you travel through a country not included on your pass, you'll need to purchase an additional ticket for that part of the trip. For example, if you travel from Germany to Italy through Austria, Austria is not a country on your Eurail Select Pass and will not be covered; you must purchase an additional ticket. If you have not purchased your pass please view our online maps to see if you will be travelling through a country you have not planned for.
- A. No, there are no student discounts. Discounts are offered to youth travelers instead. A youth traveler is any traveler who is 25 years of age or younger.
- A. From London to Paris and vice versa, Eurostar offers frequent service: every 30 minutes during peak hours and approximately once per hour during non-peak time. During the peak summer season, up to 24 trains run daily to Paris. From London to Brussels and vice versa, service is offered approximately every 2 hours. During summer, Eurostar offers daily service to Disneyland Paris. During winter, there is 1 train a week.
- A. Many people take advantage of additional time they have in a city, then they board their overnight train. You depart from one city and arrive in your destination the next morning, refreshed and ready to start your day. It also saves you money that you may have spent on a hotel.
- A. Gatwick and Heathrow Express trains run every 15 minutes.
- A. Due to the limited availability on overnight trains, if you must change your sleeper reservation, try to do so immediately. You can visit the local station at least 24 hours prior to the train's departure and see what is available. Be aware that your reservation change may be subject to local service fees and/or upgrade charges. Reservations are required for sleepers and couchettes on all overnight trains and can be made up to 60 days in advance.
answered | Posted by Mandy K. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/08/2015
answered | Posted by Jingting C. | Comments 0 | Created: 28/03/2015
answered | Posted by Titto M. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/02/2015
answered | Posted by YUEN C. | Comments 4 | Created: 03/02/2015
answered | Posted by Iledare F. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2014